IEMR has made significant contributions to academic and clinical medicine. In the coming years, we will focus on three main scientific goals:
- Improve diagnostics, prevention, and treatment of the stiff heart through basic, translational and clinical studies.
- Reveal integrative mechanisms for heart failure and arrhythmias, as a basis for understanding and treatment of electromechanical dysfunction in patients.
- Reveal cellular signaling pathways responsible for cardiac mechanosensing, and remodeling as a basis for future therapy.
IEMR’s staff and unique technological infrastructure, including four regional core facilities, support molecular to preclinical and clinical imaging studies. This makes us a natural hub for collaborations and networks and attracts young researchers. We continuously improve to achieve our aims and scientific goals, and focus on five strategic objectives:
- Develop and employ state-of-the-art technology from molecular biology to patient studies.
- Recruit the next generation of researchers within life and natural sciences, and medicine.
- Promote cutting-edge methodological expertise through staff development.
- Initiate and actively participate in regional, national and international collaborations, centers and networks.
- Educate and develop future leaders in clinical and academic life science and medicine.