The aim of my main project is to identify key mechanisms and novel biomarkers of diastolic dysfunction using computational models of cardiac mechanics.
The position is funded by the K.G. Jebsen Center for Cardiac Research.
– PhD in Computational Cardiovascular Research 2019 University of Oxford, UK
– MSc in Physiology 2020 Universidad de Valencia, Spain
– Electrophysiology: myocardial ischemia, electrocardiogram, arrhythmias.
– Mechanics: heart failure, diastolic dysfunction, cardiac imaging.
– Modelling and simulation of cardiac physiology.
High arrhythmic risk in antero-septal acute myocardial ischemia is explained by increased transmural reentry occurrence.
Martinez-Navarro H, Mincholé A, Bueno-Orovio A, Rodriguez B.
Sci Rep 9, 16803 (2019)
Electrophysiological and anatomical factors determine arrhythmic risk in acute myocardial ischemia and its modulation by sodium current availability.
Martinez-Navarro H, Zhou X, Bueno-Orovio A, Rodriguez B.
Royal Society Interface Focus.
Interface Focus 11, 20190124